Workforce Talent & Retention
Connecting students with local area employers and helping educators train for in-demand jobs.
Supporting policies that increase the amount of available homes that are affordable for the workforce.
Protecting our region’s water quality, which directly impact our local economy and quality of life.
Our vision is to build a vibrant and prosperous community in Southwest Florida where businesses and people thrive. Every policy, program and challenge we take supports that vision.
We need more market rate homes that are affordable for the general workforce.
- We support policies that encourage and enable workforce/affordable housing opportunities including high-density mixed-use development.
- We support policies that enable municipalities to be flexible with zoning and permitting processes; policies that cut red tape, eliminate government interference, and reduce building costs.
- We support funding for local projects that provide affordable housing for the Southwest Florida workforce.
- We support both public and private initiatives that offer incentives for planning and building workforce housing projects.
- We support the creation of alternative funding solutions for workforce/affordable housing such as community development corporations or community land trusts.
We need consistent and clean water.
- We support strengthening policies that minimize urban and rural runoff.
- We support the establishment of statewide septic tank inspection and maintenance requirements.
- We support funding for local governments to implement water quality improvement projects, such as upgrades to infrastructure, septic-to-sewer conversions, and compact development.
- We support consistent funding for priority Everglades restoration projects including the Everglades Agricultural Area reservoir; the C-43 Reservoir project; associated water quality treatment projects along the Caloosahatchee; and implementation of other critical storage and water quality infrastructure projects north, south, east, and west of Lake Okeechobee.
We need funding for innovative and swift solutions that provide trained workers for in-demand industries.
- We support creating alternative, non-traditional pathways to train an ever-evolving workforce.
- Ensure that training and retraining (reskilling) programs align with employers’ needs based on accurate and timely local labor market data.
- We support fully funding career technical education programs.
We Want to Know
If you have a community issue you’d like us to address please let us know.