19 Hurricane Ian Resources from Disaster Recovery to Clean Up Related Jobs
19 Hurricane Ian Resources from Disaster Recovery to Clean-Up Related Jobs
2. Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
The Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan program provides short-term, zero-interest working capital loans that are intended to “bridge the gap” between the time a disaster impacts a business and when a business has secured longer term recovery funding such as federally or commercially available loans, insurance claims or other resources.
Loans are available up to $50,000 per eligible applicant. Loans made under this program are short-term, personal loans using State of Florida funds – they are not grants and must be repaid. Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loans require repayment by the approved applicant. Owners may utilize funding from longer term financial resources, such as U.S. Small Business Administration economic injury disaster loans, to repay the Emergency Bridge Loan.
3. Mass Care - FDEM and the Florida National Guard have established 13 points of distribution across Lee and Charlotte counties that are providing residents with food, water and ice:
- Coral Oaks Golf Course - 180 Northwest 28th Ave. Cape Coral, FL 33993
- Old Bonita Springs Library - 26876 Pine Ave. Bonita Springs, FL 34135
- Kelly Road Soccer Complex - 10750 Kelly Road Fort Myers, FL 33908
- Cape Coral Sports Complex - 1410 Sports Blvd. Cape Coral, FL 33991
- Cape Coral Leonard Street - 4820 Leonard Street Cape Coral, FL 33904
- Estero High School Ballfield Park - 9100 Williams Road Estero, FL 33928
- North Fort Myers Rec Center - 2000 N. Recreation Park Way North Fort Myers, FL 33903
- Fleamasters Fleamarket - 4135 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd Fort Myers, FL 33916
- Veterans Park Rec Center - 55 Homestead Road S. Leigh Acres, FL 33938
- Muscle Car City - 10175 Tamiami Trail Punta Gorda, FL 33950
- Charlotte Sports Park - 2300 El Jobean Rd Port Charlotte, FL 33948
- Tringali Park - 3460 N Access Rd. Englewood, FL 34224
4. Disaster Recovery Center - Lakes Regional Library, 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers, FL 33919 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
5. Small Business Administration Disaster Loan
The SBA offers disaster assistance in the form of low-interest loans to businesses, nonprofit organizations, homeowners, and renters located in regions affected by declared disasters. SBA also provides eligible small businesses and nonprofit organizations with working capital to help overcome the economic injury of a declared disaster.
6. FEMA Disaster Assistance 1-800-621-3362
7. Florida Division of Emergency Management
8. Department of Business Regulation Business Damage Assessment Survey
Providing information in the fields at the link above submits a survey to determine damage related to disaster impacts in Florida, and does NOT serve as an application for resources, including the Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan. Please click HERE to apply for the bridge loan. After filling out the survey, federal, state or local agencies may reach out to you through the contact information provided if you indicate your interest.
Surveys are public record and must be made available to the public and media upon request.
9. United Way
United Way 211 is a free 24-hour non-emergency helpline that exists to help people navigate their way through the maze of human and social service agencies in Lee, Hendry, and Glades counties by providing the most adequate resources for the client's situation. To speak with one of our Community Resource Specialists please dial 2-1-1 or 239-433-3900.
10. Harry Chapin Food Bank Food Locator
11. IRS Tax Relief in Disaster Situations Resources
Victims of Hurricane Ian now have until February 15, 2023, to file various individual and business tax returns and make tax payments.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has received a mission assignment for the Blue Roof Mission in Lee, Charlotte, Collier and Sarasota Counties. The initial sign up window will conclude on October 23.
Residents are encouraged to sign up, check status, and cancel their applications through the online portal as these actions take 5 minutes or less. Residents are welcome to call the toll-free number to perform these actions with the assistance of a live operator, however, you should expect the process to take up to 20 minutes.
13. Property Insurance Contacts
14. Disaster Unemployment Insurance
DUA is available to Florida businesses and residents whose employment or self-employment was lost or interrupted as a direct result of Hurricane Ian. Individuals affected in the designated-disaster areas must file DUA applications by December 30, 2022. Applications filed after the deadline will be considered untimely, and DUA benefits may be denied unless the individual provides good cause.
15. Disaster Contract Network - Connecting Property Owners and Building Professionals with Storm Related Goods and Services.
16. Mortgage Relief Information
- Freddie Mac - If your home or place of employment has been impacted by a natural disaster, contact your loan servicer (the company listed on your mortgage statement) right away to discuss mortgage relief options that may be available to you.
- Fannie Mae - If you’re affected by disaster, Fannie Mae’s Disaster Response NetworkTM is here to help. Its HUD-approved housing counselors can develop a personalized action plan, explain mortgage relief programs, provide financial coaching, and support clients’ successful recovery for up to 18 months. It’s our way of supporting safe, sustainable housing for the homeowners and renters we serve.
- Federal Housing Administration - Was your home or your ability to make your mortgage payments harmed by an event that the President declared a disaster? You may qualify for relief to help you keep your home. Much of the mortgage industry and The United States Department of Housing and Urban Development are committed to assisting borrowers whose lives and livelihoods are thrown into turmoil by a disaster.
17. Comcast Free Xfinity Hotspots Finder
18. Insurance Village
- Lakes Regional Library 15290 Bass Road, Fort Myers, FL 33919
- Port Charlotte Town Center 1441 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte, FL 33948 9:00am – 5:00pm
19. Available Hurricane Clean-Up Related Jobs